What to do... and where to go
- Visit the glorious sandy beaches of Westward Ho!, Saunton, Croyde, Putsborough and Woolacombe
- Explore the famous steep cobbled streets of Clovelly
- Walk along the rugged coastline of Hartland, Lynton and Lynmouth
- Take a drive through the beautiful scenery of Exmoor or Dartmoor
- Stop at any of the many pubs, restaurants and tearooms offering superb local food
- All within a 30 minute drive!
You can make a trip to Barnstaple for its high street, leisure centre, tennis centre, Butchers Row, Green Lanes shopping centre or the famous Pannier market on Tuesdays and Fridays.
Go for a bike ride or a walk through the fabulous countryside along the Tarka Trail, or visit the colourful RHS Rosemoor Gardens in Torridge Valley.
If you fancy a swim you can also go to the Northam Parkside leisure centre or Torrington heated indoor pool.
Golfers have a selection of courses including Saunton, Great Torrington, Libbaton, Westward Ho and Portmore Golf Park in Barnstaple with a driving range for practice.
You can also go horseriding in Chumleigh or take part in the fishing excursions along the River Taw organised by The Fox and Hounds Country Hotel in Eggesford.
Children will be happy as North Devon has a lot for them to see and do. You can see the exotic animals at Exmoor Zoo or Combe Martin Wildlife and Dinosaur Park. Also, The Milky Way has an assortment of rides and shows for a real adventure, or the Big Sheep has a theme park devoted to sheep.
A thriving agricultural community
For over a thousand years Hatherleigh has lived in harmony with the cycle of seasons. In the last century the unique Hatherleigh Carnival has entertained villagers and guests alike.
Visit Hatherleigh Market on a Tuesday, a must if you want to capture a friendly rural market selling poultry, bric-a-brac, pottery, plants, fruit, vegetables and many other types of fresh local produce.